Monday, November 8, 2010

The Dark Night

The Morning came and went by
The evening peeped and went before it was seen
The night heralded its arrival
But to pass by, it was not so very keen
I lay awake, dreamless on my bed
In a trance like state, thinking who am I?
Abandoned, marooned or a lonely guy...
Then came the answer from the depth of the night
As it broke into a churlish smile,
Saying "Who is it, who talks in a moronic style?"
"I say, you listen",it said
"Lonely are you?"
What on earth I am for-
To accompany you, to console you
That is what i have come for
And here i stay beside you
Solace, pleasure and dreams, is my duty to give to you!,
Then why am I like who I am,
Getting not the company of you?
Leave aside the treasures
that are from me to you.
Then I saw, what i couldn't sight,
Drops of tears from the eyes of the night.
The smile was gone,
As it said in a voice so torn
Then what about me?
The night which is a gift from Thee...
is seen not, is felt not by anybody,
Because when I come
They enjoy my gifts,
Relishing those,
They forget to accompany me.
Then tell me friend, who is lonely,
You or me ?...

1 comment: